If you’re having trouble making rent payments as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, you’re not alone. Our rental assistance advisors assist eligible households with potential rental assistance programs.
Looking for help? There are a number of factors that determine eligibility for rental assistance programs. Here are a few simple items to help prepare you in completing a submission.
- Rental assistance funds cannot cover rent accrued prior to March 13, 2020.
- Have the necessary documents available. This will help your application be processed more quickly.
- Different programs have different requirements, and several programs may be available in your area. Our trained advisors can help.
- Your privacy is critical. Our advisors will never disclose your personal information without your consent.
- How to apply? Our advisors will help guide you through eligible programs in your community, the application process, and assist you with questions and submission of requirements for owner-initiated programs.
- Applying for assistance does not guarantee you will receive it. Maintaining contact with your advisor during the process is important.
If you want to learn more about rental assistance programs on your own, please take a look at this Consumer Financial Protection Bureau link. Programs are subject to eligibility requirements and not all residents will be eligible for every program.